Monday 11 March 2013

How do I see what God wants me to see?


SEEING WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO SEE
40 Days In The Word – Part 3     March 3, 2013

      ILLUMINATION: Letting the Holy Spirit show me the meaning of God’s Word and how it applies to my life

“The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”       John 14:26

“He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth.”  John 14:17 (NLT)

      “…the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.”  John 16:15

      “I ask the glorious Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you his Spirit. The Spirit will make you wise and let you understand what it means to know God.”   Eph. 1:17 (CEV)

      “I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened         in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.”  Eph. 1:18-19

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GOD OPENS MY EYES?

1.   I see the solutions to my problems.
“Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.”  Genesis 21:19

2.   I see the barrier to my progress.
“Then the Lord opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.”  Numbers 22:31

3.   I see the defense for what’s attacking me.
      “Elisha prayed, ‘O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.’ Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha!” 
      2 Kings 6:17

4.   I see how God is walking with me.
“Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight.”  Luke 24:31

PREPARING TO SEE WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO SEE

1.   I must begin a relationship with Jesus Christ.
“The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.”  1 Cor. 2:14

      Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born          again."       John 3:3
  
2.   I must ask God in faith to open my eyes.
      “Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your Law!”   Psalm 119:18

“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt.”
James 1:5-6

      "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”  Matt. 7:7

“I WILL instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I WILL counsel you and watch over you.”  Psalm 32:8 

3.   I must come with a humble attitude.
      “He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.”        Psalm 25:9 

      “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”           Prov. 3:5-6

4.   I must cleanse my heart of sin and conflict.
      “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” Matt. 5:8

      “Whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him.”    1 John 2:11

5.   I must commit in advance to do what God says.
       “Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.  Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and             obey it with all my heart.”  Psalm 119:33-34

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. DO what it says!”           James 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment