Monday 4 March 2013

How Does the Bible Change Us?


HOW THE BIBLE CHANGES US  40 Days In The Word – Part 2
February 24, 2013
Listen online at: https://www.facebook.com/middlesackvillebaptistchurch

      Jesus: “The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are   life!” John 6:63 (NIV)

      “The Word of God is LIVING and ACTIVE.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

HOW DOES GOD’S WORD CHANGE ME?

1.   It Recreates My Life
“He chose to give us birth through the word of truth…” James 1:18 (NIV)

      “You have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God.” 1 Peter 1:23 (NIV)
     

2.   It Eradicates My Guilt
Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the Word.” Ephesians  5:25-26 (NIV)

      You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.” John 15:3 (NIV)

3.   It Activates My Faith
Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the Word of Christ.” Romans 10:17 (NIV)

4.   It Stimulates My Growth
“I commit you to God and to the Word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.” Acts 20:32 (NIV)

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)

5.   It Illuminates My Mind
“Understanding your Word brings light to the minds of ordinary people.” 
Psalm 119:130 (CEV)

“Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”  Psalm 119:105 (NIV)

6.   It Elevates My Mood
Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”  Rom. 15:4 (NIV)

“You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me.”  Psalm 119:114 (MSG)

7.   It Liberates My Potential
“If you continue in My Word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!”  John 8:31-32 (NAS)


HOW DO I GAIN THESE BENEFITS?

      1.   I Must Learn It
      Jesus: “Your trouble is that you don't know the Scriptures...”  Mark 12:24 (LB)

      2.   I Must Accept It
      “When you received the Word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the Word of God, which is at work in you who believe.”
      1 Thes. 2:13 (NIV)

      3.   I Must Act On It
            “Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.”       John 13:17 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment