Monday 29 April 2013

Acknowledge My Struggle


Acknowledge My Struggle
Part 2 of “Freedom is Possible”
April 28, 2013

Celebrate Recovery (Step One)  “I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.”

Why won’t I acknowledge it?
Fear of Consequences
Lying & Denying
Blaming Me & You
Acknowledge My Struggle

What causes it?
Genetic & Family History
Physical Conditions
Upsetting Life events
Spiritual Battles
Galatians 5:1 “Christ has set us free to live a free life.”
Ephesians 6:12

What are the consequences of it?
Confusion… v.15  “I do not understand what I do.”
Compulsion… v.17  “It is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.”
Guilt… v.18  “I know that nothing good lives in me.”
Frustration… v.18  “I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.”
Failure… v.19  “For what I do is not the good I want to do.”
 Despair… v. 24  “What a wretched person I am!”

What can be done about it?
Deepen my understanding of Jesus.  Romans 7:24-25
Deepen my dependence on the Spirit.  Galatians 5:16 
Deepen my connection with others.  James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment