Monday 15 April 2013

When You Feel Like Giving Up


“When You Feel Like Giving Up”

When you are struggling with some personal crisis, do you ever hear these words? Get over it. Suck it up. You’ll be fine. It’s not that serious. Don’t be a baby. You’re making a bid deal over nothing. If it doesn’t bother me, then it shouldn’t bother you. If you only had more faith, you would get better.

Depression means various things: downturn in the economy; dip in the road; overcome by sadness.
Melancholy: sorrow, anxiety, distress, guilt, paralysis, difficulty, anguish, feeling overwhelmed.

Acknowledge My Struggle
Psalm 88
Matthew 5:4
Romans 8:38-39

Balance My Life 
Matthew 6:25-34       
It’s not all about me. Focus on others.

Connect With Others 
Galatians 6:2
Romans 12:5

Depend on Christ
I can lose everything, (mind, health, money, loved ones) but I can’t lose Jesus.
Isaiah 61:1-3 (Luke 4:17-19)
Psalm 89:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment